Thursday, May 26, 2011

On Waves of Grace

Before the creation of the world i was intended to be free. I sit here and absorb what it means to be "made in his image". Just a few words, "Made", "In", "His", "Image". Mine eyes are drawn to just two letters. "In". Inside, part of, enveloped. I ask myself, what does this mean for an intentional, accepted, secure man? I was made in him. The very best parts of the inner workings are what i am composed of. In him there is no shame, no condemnation. In him there is love and freedom and laughter. There is joy and peace and grace. This is the essence of me and the very nature of my soul. With everyday that passes i see evidence inside of others that they are created the same, whether they know it or not. Whether they accept it or not. So much time spent in the wrestling with lies and schemes to rob me of my nature. So much haze and fog i looked through peering for a glimpse of hope that what i believed myself to be was false. As a stranded castaway looks hopefully yet looses hope for a rescue so was i seemingly hopeless. I looked on the horizon for a miracle but came to realize that everything i needed to set sail had been given to me from the beginning. It was my own folly to think that my fate lay in the hands of an outside source and was my prevail to construct my own boat to carry me away. Today I am riding on the waves of creation basking in the light of the son. He shines brightly on my face and is indeed very fond of me. Where my destination lies is of no consequence and by no means absolute. The beauty is in the ride.   

No comments:

Post a Comment